Sunday, July 20, 2008

4th of July 2008 Lake Webster

They weren't the best fireworks I've ever seen. It really didn't matter though. Maybe it was the armada of pontoons anchored to the weedy lake bottom. All in wait like an outdoor drive-in theatre in the lake. Watching the day slowly layer with deeper shades of night. A fingernail crescent moon hanging. Eli and Sam persistently questioning "When, when are they going to go??" Then the first sizzling fuse climbs the dark sky to a long awaited boom. Don't get me wrong, it was a good show, but the best thing for me was the experience. The kids, the boat, the lake, the misquitos, a moment in time. Wish Amy had been there.

Of course after it was over, they were ready to go home as you'll hear in the second video. And Sam had to pee. We'll just say that she didn't make it to shore before that happened. Good thing she was still wearing a pull-up.

No comments:

In an age where success may be dependant on technology and effective use of it, I have created this blog for my son, Eli. He is five. I hope that this will be an avenue for him to explore, learn, have fun, and excel in a way that many of us never knew as kids.