Thursday, May 1, 2008

Sam is Three and Charlie is Here




Sam has just turned three on Friday April 25th 2008. We had a tea party to celebrate. Actually more of a strawberry lemonade party with a butterfly cake.






And to top it off, our family went feline. I really didn't want this to happen. Reluctantly I folded to the persistent imploring. I figure the best I can do as a parent is to give my kids lasting experiences, even if it is with a cat. Well, experience is exactly what we got.




Sam has the intention right now of man-handling this kitty. She is quite brutish with him but is learning, ... I think. I'll admit I did have to raise my voice a bit when I saw her carrying Charlie around by his collar. She hasn't done that since. Charlie himself has either accidentally, or perhaps purposely, placed rather pungent gifts throughout the house in the first few days of his arrival.




Things have calmed down a bit now as we expected some excitement. Charlie is actually growing on me although he distracts me when he tries to attack the cursor on the computer monitor. And the camera strap. And my shoestrings. And my fingers and toes. But I think he will fit in fine. And there have been no classic dog-cat disagreements thus far. I guess we'll have to keep him. He's a heck of a lot easier than a new puppy.

No comments:

In an age where success may be dependant on technology and effective use of it, I have created this blog for my son, Eli. He is five. I hope that this will be an avenue for him to explore, learn, have fun, and excel in a way that many of us never knew as kids.